PARABOLA - OTTOMAN
SINE WAVE SERIES - Parabola Ottoman / Positive Amax
- 46” long x 21” wide x 15” tall overall
- Hand-Marbled 10oz Cotton Canvas, all sides
- ½” thick hand dyed piping
- solid foam insert wrapped in dacron batting (firm bolster / ottoman style construction that holds its shape when sitting or laying atop)
- full-length coil zipper for removable cover
- care instructions: recommended spot clean or hand-wash cold with minimal soap, line dry, zip cover shut when washing
This Ottoman is part of a series sparked by a curiosity in mathematical magic! Exploring shapes formed by Algebra & Trigonometry. PARABOLA/POSITIVE AMAX is an ode to the phenomenal Parabola, a shape found in pure & applied mathematics, and in nature.
Parabolas are governed by mathematical principles forming a symmetrical open plane curve. The path of a projectile under the influence of gravity ideally follows a curve of this parabola shape as seen in the arch of water projected from a drinking fountain, or garden sprinkler.
Parabolas are part of a secret, softly spoken language of mathematics that quietly express form via patterns in nature. This series beholds that wonder!
The Sine Wave Series of ottomans and loungers are designed to be sat on and laid upon, creating support for new ways of sitting and stretching. They are built using cushion construction techniques, firm, hefty and load bearing.
Photos by Alon Koppel Photography https://alonkoppel.com/