RODA - MARBLED FLOOR PILLOW
RODA – FLOOR PILLOW
This pillow is a VERY SPECIAL collaboration with the sheep and farmers of “Fortunate Ewe Farm” in Camden, NY. Once a year the sheep at “Fortunate Ewe Farm” are sheared & the wool processed at “Battenkill Fibers”, a small fiber processing facility in Geenwich, NY. “Battenkill Fibers”, “Fortunate Ewe Farm” and this PILLOW are part of the Hudson Valley Textile Project whose mission is to:
“recognize, celebrate and support a sustainable model of regionally sourced, processed, and manufactured fiber products. While members may work independently, our communal action is in support of a farm to fashion fiber chain that supports local growers, processors, artisans, manufacturers, and consumers.”
This pillow is a true 100% born & bred New Yorka!!
In Greek the word Roda means wheel, and in Portuguese Circle.
- 18” Diameter x 3” Floor Pillow
- Weight: 2LB
- Frontside: Marbled in the Turkish Ebru tradition on 9.2oz cotton canvas
- Backside: 12oz light gray pearl weave upholstery fabric
- Removable 100% wool insert
- Invisible zipper
- Made one at a time, start to finish in New York’s Hudson Valley
Photo by Emma L McCann IG @emmalmccann